Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chris' Stitches

Mr. Christopher was our first child to receive stitches! YAY! He got 3 stitches in the back of his head yesterday. The sad part is that we don't even know how it happened!!! I was running errands with the kids yesterday and when it was time to get out of the car I noticed Chris had blood on his arms. He didn't know where it came from and told me that it was from "food" that he had eaten earlier. After not being able to find any cut I wiped the blood/"food" off of his arms and started to once again try and unload the car. When Chris was completely out of the car I noticed he had some blood on the back of his head and after looking through his hair (thank goodness it's pretty short!) a cut on the back of his head too! It was about an inch long and was really slender. He has no clue what he cut it on and doesn't remember doing it. I didn't find anything sharp in the van either. Luckily our locaction to our family practice doctor was about a mile away and within 30 minutes or so Dr. Fernandez stitched up Chris' cut and we were on our way to finish up our errands for the day. Chris will tell you that he thinks it's fun to get stitches and that the shot he got in the back of his head (to numb the cut) made it not hurt at all. Boys are indeed a different breed! Within the few minutes it took to unload the car he obviously got into trouble somehow. Boys will be boys!

4 comments:

KPat said...

Let Chris know Uncle Keith thinks he's perty tough.

Carrie and Brett said...

I will Keith, thanks! :)

Unknown said...

Carrie, I love this webpage. And, I bet Chris knows exactly how he got his boo-boo. He's just not tellin.

Carrie and Brett said...

That could be very true Aunt Ellen! Both Chris and Nick are trouble! :)